Apple has launched a two-week campaign to raise money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS. On Black Friday — November 28 — Apple will donate a portion of sales at Apple’s retail and online stores in the U.S. . . . and then do it again on Monday, December 1, throughout the world.
In addition, Apple has worked with top app developers to produce 25 apps with exclusive new content in a special section of the App Store called Apps for (RED). All proceeds from these (RED) apps, both outright purchases or an exclusive in-app purchase, will go to the Global Fund. What’s the date range here? Monday, November 24 through Sunday, December 7.
On Black Friday, Apple customers will receive a special edition (RED) iTunes gift card with the purchase of select Apple products.
In addition to the App Store section, Apple has created a splash page to share the campaign details: apple.com/red.
“Apple isn’t just in the fight to end AIDS. They are setting a new bar for business, giving $75 million and counting to the Global Fund as part of their partnership with (RED),” said Bono, co-founder of (RED). “I couldn’t be prouder to work with them.”
Apps for (RED)
Apps for (RED) marks the first-ever global App Store initiative in support of (RED). Participating developers have created (RED)-inspired content and experiences for their fans to enjoy.
- Angry Birds players can perfect their bird-flinging with (RED)’s Mighty Feathers and challenge themselves to a bonus golden egg level.
- Bubble Witch 2 Saga offers new (PRODUCT)RED levels across all 17 episodes of the game. Gold bar currency purchases will be donated to (RED).
- CSR Racing delivers new in-game thrills with the highly anticipated Mercedes Benz-AMG GT.
- Clash of Clans warriors can prepare for battle with special edition (PRODUCT)RED gems and display a (RED) badge of honor on the village’s town hall.
- Clear’s users can perfect their organizational skills with a new (PRODUCT)RED theme which appears automatically with all new downloads.
- Cut the Rope 2 unveils a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED items including a new red hat, red touch print, red balloons and a red ginger cookie.
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush reveals a new Lifeguard minion that helps players boost their banana collection skills by 200 percent.
- DJay 2’s spin tables turn (RED) and offer DJs a special sound pack.
- FarmVille 2: Country Escape players can “Roll out the RED Carpet” and purchase limited-time items such as the Cozy Cow, St. Bernard and more.
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team players can compete in a (RED) Tournament and Team of the Week event. All winners will be awarded football superstar and (RED) Ambassador Rafa Marquez.
- Frozen Free Fall unveils a magical new (RED) Challenge in the Kingdom of Arendelle, and offers an exclusive combined offer of 1 power-up, 1 snowball and 3 lives.
- GarageBand users can now purchase an exclusive collection of 300 guitar, bass, synth and drum loops to create even more amazing music.
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’s aspiring celebrity players can treat themselves to (PRODUCT)RED items including (BEATS)RED Solo2 headphones. Kris Jenner, the first family member to join Kim’s in-app world, will make her in-game debut on December 1.
- Heads Up! competition heats up with an exclusive new deck featuring (RED) words.
- The Human Body debuts the Immune System feature, educating users on how the body fights pathogens. The accompanying handbook features a new section on HIV/AIDS.
- Kitchen Stories Cookbook will offer a special-edition holiday recipe pack, featuring dishes from renowned chefs Mario Batali, Martha Stewart, Luke Holden and Michael Lomonaco.
- Monument Valley offers a whole new chapter of Ida’s Journey, marking the final new feature of the game.
- Over customers have access to a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED fonts and inspiring artwork, specially created by six artists. Users can share photos with the (RED) brackets overlay to help spread awareness.
- Paper by FiftyThree enthusiasts can enjoy a new (PRODUCT)RED Essentials Pack including Sketch, Outline, Write, Color and Mixer tools.
- Puzzle & Dragons players have exclusive access to the new (PRODUCT)RED magic stone.
- Rayman Fiesta Run introduces a new (RED) edition to their wacky Fiesta world, and players can purchase a pack of three new costumes for Rayman, Globox and Teensy characters.
- Star Walk 2 users can learn more about Mars with the comprehensive new RED Planet feature.
- Sims FreePlay features a special community challenge that unlocks various rewards, and players can purchase limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED items such as a swimming pool, party plane and piñata.
- Threes! turns (RED) with a limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED theme.
- Toca Boca paints Toca Town (RED)! Kids can discover new (RED) diamonds, sample (RED) ice cream in the app and look for other surprises throughout the game.